For the past 30 years, Toshiba has invested heavily and worked hard to maintain
its position as a leader in the airconditioning market and the quality of products
continue to differentiate Toshiba from other manufacturers.
Toshiba is one of the first brands to bring the inverter revolution in India and
has long been respected for its technologically advanced, energy-efficient airconditioning
solutions. With continuous product innovation and channel partners, Toshiba has
been growing rapidly in the airconditioning business.
Toshiba Air Conditioning milestone:
- 1930 Developed Japan's first Hermetic compressor for Refrigeration use.
- 1935 Started manufacturing Air Conditioners.
- 1961 Introduced the world's first split Air Conditioners.
- 1978 Introduced the world's first microprocessor controlled Air Conditioners.
- 1981 Introduced the world's first residential Inverter Air conditioners.
- 1993 Introduced the world’s first twin – rotary Inverter Air Conditioners.
- 1998 Introduced Japan's first R410A (eco-friendly) refrigerant based residential
- 2001 Introduced Japan's first R410a (eco-friendly) refrigerant based Light Commercial
Products and Services
Airconditioning business of Toshiba is operated by Toshiba Carrier, the global joint
venture between Carrier Corporation US and Toshiba, founded in 1999. In India its
business is through sales company of Carrier India, “Carrier Airconditioning &
Visit Carrier Air conditioning & Refrigeration website