India e-Waste (Management) Rules 2016 (“E-waste Rules”) were made official by the Ministry
of Environment and Forests (MoEF) on 23rd March, 2016 by publication in Gazette of India vide
number G.S.R 338(E). E-waste Rules come into effect on 1st October 2016 for WEEE (Waste
Electrical and Electronic Equipment) provisions.
Toshiba India Private Limited (TIPL) is committed to meeting all requirement of India e-waste (Management) Rules 2016 and E- Waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2018. Toshiba product apply RoHS requirement to all its products worldwide and it complies with “E-waste (Management) Rules 2016” and prohibits use of Lead, Mercury, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium, polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers beyond a maximum concentration value of 0.1% by weight in homogenous materials for lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers and of 0.01% by weight in homogenous materials for cadmium, except for the exemptions set in Schedule II of the “E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016”.
Products labelled with the WEEE symbol (crossed-out wheeled bin or crossed-out wheeled
bin with underbar) indicate that the final user should not discard this product
along with other household waste, but that it must be collected and treated separately.
TIPL is committed to the “E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016” E-Waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2018 for collection, disposal or recycling e-waste generated from end-of-life Toshiba products.
TIPL provides an easy and environment-friendly way to its customers to dispose-off Toshiba branded television, refrigerator and washing machine that have reached their end-of- life. This service is provided free of cost to the customers. TIPL has appointed M/s Karo Sambhav Private Limited (“Karo Sambhav”), a leading Producers Responsibility Organisation (“PRO”) for collection and recycling of Toshiba branded products that have reached their end-of-life.
The ‘end-of- life’ period (average life) of Toshiba products covered by this document is mentioned below:
|Television sets (including sets based on Liquid Crystal Display and Light Emitting Diode technology)
Collection Centre/ Collection Point/ Recycler:
You can deposit your end-of-life Toshiba products at any of the collection points in India. Click HERE to know the contact details of collection points.
How to Recycle
- Please call Karo Sambhav’s toll-free number dedicated to e-waste 1800 2121 434.
- Inform them of your intent to recycle your end-of-life Toshiba product.
- Karo Sambhav will guide you to deliver your end-of-life Toshiba product to the nearest Collection Centre/Point from your location.
- The end-of-life Toshiba product you intend to recycle can also be directly delivered at any of collection points (refer to above link).
- Do not open/ repair the end-of-life Toshiba product.
- Do not sell the end-of-life Toshiba product to any unauthorized agency/ scrap dealers.
- Do not mix/ dispose the end-of-life Toshiba product with other household waste.
- Do not dispose the end-of-life Toshiba product in municipal waste bins.
- Do not keep the end-of-life Toshiba product exposed in open.